Monday, 31 March 2014

Sew for Victory: Part 1


Sew for Victory has started! Yay!
While I haven't gotten very far in my project(s) I do have a pretty clear idea for what I want to do. 
I've been saving up some fabric for this very occasion the first being this really pretty, possibly vintage, pink fabric (possibly a crepe back satin...). 
It's got a lovely flower design on it and it's perfect for a little lounge ware looking wrap dress I'd like to make. 
To do this, I've decided to kind of mash two patterns together, both of which I've used before. The first is a 1940's dress pattern that I love from my September 1948 edition of the Australian Home Journal. I've used it twice thus far and love it. The second is the retro Butterick B5152 robe pattern again from 1948. This pattern will give me the basis to turn the first dress into a wrap dress.

Unlike both of the patterns listed, I'm going to give the dress 3/4 length sleeves since I need more dresses like that in my wardrobe. 

So far, I've cut out my pattern. Hopefully, by next week I should have it mostly put together....

No comments:

Post a Comment