Friday 26 December 2014

USA Trip: Part VI


Arizona-zona! 
Sun shines above it partner! 
I love it! Woo! 
Arizona's home to me.

Whenever I go to the US, I always have to go back to Tucson to see all of my old friends. The people I left behind there are like family to me and I love getting to see them whenever I can. 

It was also a lot of fun getting to introduce James to all my friends there. I love seeing my two worlds (continents) collide. James ended up getting an even better understanding of me by seeing the world I grew up in and the people who have stuck with me as I grew up and became the person I am today. 

Our time in Tucson was short and mostly spent indoors or with friends. However, I had to take James out into the desert while we were there and get him to see some of the wildlife that I grew up with. The perfect place to do that is the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum

The desert museum is like a botanical gardens, a zoo, and a museum all rolled into one. It's located about half an hour outside of Tucson. It's a good idea to go early and do the big outer loops first to avoid being out there in the afternoon when the sun is brutal. 
James and I both lived under our hats and as you can see I bought the biggest one I could find. 

Having said the days can be scorching, the desert nights are beautiful and many a night was spent out and about with friends.

Tucson will always be my home town.

















2 comments:

  1. I have yet to visit Arizona, and this post only confirmed the extreme desire I have to go! Looks beautiful!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a really fantastic place to visit. The desert has such a special beauty to it. I think you would adore it!

    xLiv

    ReplyDelete